Upcoming courses of CCT in London:
10% discount for early bird bookings before August 4th, just use the code: EarlySept
(for courses in south west London, including Tooting and Furzedown, please visit here)
About the course
Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT™) is Stanford University’s secular course in mindfulness and compassion training.
CCT provides a deeply practical framework for developing mindfulness and compassion for yourself and others. It’s an eight-week course integrating traditional meditation practice with contemporary psychology & scientific research – as well as philosophy & art. It is designed to help participants explore the themes in a conceptual and embodied manner, as well as considering how the tools can support their day to day lives.
CCT is designed to offer a supportive way to explore meditation at whatever level suits you. Cultivating compassion goes beyond feeling more empathy and concern for others. It develops self-compassion, the strength to be with suffering, the courage to take compassionate action, & the resilience to prevent compassion collapse. These qualities support a wide range of goals, from improving relationships, enjoying life & making positive difference in the world, to reducing stress, anxiety, and depression.
Although each course varies, you can expect lots of laughter, plenty of peace, and a few “a-ha!” moments of learning along the way. This course offers a supportive way to explore meditation at whatever level suits you. You can read more in course feedback>.
Each week explores different themes, including self-compassion, difficult people and communication. The course includes:
- guided meditation
- group discussion
- life-time access to course resources
- invitation to join online community
- (optional) science papers
- (optional) recorded home meditations
- (optional) informal practices
The course is cumulative, with each session focusing on a different theme and building on the previous sessions.
CCT in London – course details
- Tuesdays 7-9pm, 5 September – 24 October
- Initiatives Of Change, 24 Greencoat Place, London, SW1P 1RD (near Victoria tube and train station)
- You don’t need to prepare anything. Chairs will be available, and feel free to bring along anything cushions or anything else that will help you feel comfortable
- I want to make this course as accessible as I can for everyone, so there’s a sliding ‘pay what you can’ scale:
- (£295: Stanford’s suggested RRP)
- 10% discount for early bird bookings before August 4th, just use the code: EarlySept
- £200 (full course fee) suggested if you’re in full time work and able to pay. This pays for my time and venue hire
- £150 (25% discount) suggested if you work for a not-for-profit, charity and are unable to pay the full fee
- If the price is prohibitive please do message me, for some courses I can offer part of fully funded scholarships if you can commit to all the classes
Please message me if you have any questions or would like to know when more dates are announced.